Monday, April 6, 2009

Springfield, Missouri City Council Election

Even though I am no longer in Missouri, I just wanted to post a quick note that I am still thinking of all my friends that are running for office and their election being tomorrow.

I want you to know that my thoughts and prayers are with you, and I have been thinking about you all since I left.

I also want to let you know that I will still send out reminders for voting and everything I would have done online as if I were still there. :)

All four of you have made a major impression on me and have influenced me for good. I hope that you win, because Springfield really needs you, and since I am not there, I can be REALLY open about that!

I hope that the conservatives of Springfield do not elect O'Neal thinking that he is a conservative. Even though he spoke at the Republican Woman's luncheon, I knew that he was not conservative at all. He is a smooth talker, but I do not trust him. Our Springfield meetup had a 'flaming' Liberal, that is what they called themselves state that Springfield will elect their first liberal mayor and never even know it.

When it comes to Robert Stephens, I think that he has a bit of a temper. I cannot prove it, but his background in HR makes me think that he somehow would benefit indirectly from any deals the city makes with the Police and Fire pension fund.

It has become clear that there is corruption in the local government with all the funds that have fallen short and have 'disappeared.'

Beware of candidates that are not one of the people. That is all I have to say about that. If they have lined their pockets in the past with the people's dollars (tax dollars) you better believe that they will do it again.

I do not support the 'D.I.M.E.' team just because they are my friends. They did not start out as my friends at all, they all have worked to earn my respect, and they have it. I have seen them really be involved in the council meetings, the community, and listen to the people. My hat is off to you boys.

Good luck tomorrow.. I am just as anxious as you are!

No comments: