Friday, May 22, 2009

Preparing for Temple Worship





As I prepare myself to attend the temple tomorrow, I thought that I would share a few videos and thoughts.

The temple has always been a place of peace for me, literally a refuge from the storms of life and the filthiness of the world. When I enter there, time disappears, and peace fills my soul. I have had many experiences while serving others in the temple, that have helped me through many things. Now that I live in the shadows of many temples it would be a shame not to take full advantage of that blessing. In Missouri, I would attend the temple once a year due to the distance and the fact that I was home educating my children and other trust issues that I had about leaving my children with anyone.

The last time that I was at the temple was April 25th. I cannot believe that it has been that long. I was going once or twice a week, and then with moving and other things, got too distracted. I suppose that could be the very reason that I am struggling as much as I am right now, because I have not had that constant strengthening each week as I had been. While I was there, it was the first time that I felt alone. My father and brother were there with their wives, and I was single. It happened to be a day where there were a lot of other couples attending the Provo temple that day. I had mixed feelings of knowing I was where the Lord wanted me to be, but that I was without a companion, and I felt that void for the first time in a very deep way. My brother was very helpful to me, and that helped me a great deal. While we were in the Celestial room, he stated that I looked like I belonged there, that I radiated like the temple. I admit that there have been many times that I wished that I could live there and never leave. I am often reminded of a Heavenly home that waits for me when I am there, I feel connected to it at such a depth that I do not want to leave, because it feels like I am home, and additionally, I don't want to go back into the dark and dreary world. I prefer the light.












No comments: