Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Mixed feelings

Tonight I have mixed feelings. I am overjoyed to see so many great candidates make it through the primary, but I also am faced with the news that my grandmother Jo passed on. I got the news right before the watch parties I knew of were going to start.

I know that my grandma is in a better place, and out of pain, and I am glad for that. She and my grandma Hull were best friends, and it is a nice thought that she was there to welcome her.

The tax not passing was a shock, but at the same time, all those I spoke with while going door to door were against it. They cannot afford it. I know that it would have placed a burden on our family as well.

Last night I spoke with a friend that is much older then I and she talked about how many families can barely afford to buy food as it is, and that she hoped that it did not pass.

I understand the situation that the police and fire fighters are in, and there needs to be a solution. One that the people can live with, literally.

I know that there have been other options suggested, and perhaps now is a good time to look at all options, including creative ones.

It is surprising how few turned out to vote. My husband and I were both surprised when we went to our polling place to only see three people there. And we went at different times.

Well, congratulations to all those who made it through the primary! I am sure everyone will understand if my blog is not that in depth tonight.

No comments: