Saturday, July 4, 2009

The Reality of Priesthood Power

The Priesthood has been a major influence for good in my life, and I would be a very ungrateful individual to not share with others some of the blessings that I have experienced, and to share the knowledge of this great gift that God has given to us.

My testimony of the power of the priesthood is very strong, throughout my life and even into this day, I continue to have it strengthened as I receive blessings and they are answered, and also as I witness others blessings being fulfilled.

When I was baptized, and then given the Gift of the Holy Ghost, I felt an immediate change come upon me. The best way that I can explain it is that my mind was suddenly filled with light. I felt as if I had a moment of complete clarity, peace, and was given additional knowledge and the ability to receive more, my mind opened, and my spirit felt the presence of the Holy Ghost.

Later in life, when I was in a great deal of pain, and the pain itself was causing me to vomit from how intense it was, I was given a priesthood blessing of healing by two home teachers that came to our home by pure inspiration. Within moments of their blessing, a home teacher was inspired to use reflexology on my hand and the pain was gone.

Another experience I had came after the death of my son Ammon. I had conceived again, this time with twins. My first two pregnancies has not gone well, and this would be my third. The ultrasound technician told me that my abdomen was too small to carry twins, and that they did not think that I would be able to do so, but that they wished me luck. I went home feeling down, not certain what to do, and my brother, who was just preparing to go on a mission gave me a blessing. He blessed me that my twins would get here, and that they would be healthy, he told me that it would not be easy, but that the Lord would protect me. He also called down angels to surround me and protect my unborn children. There are things about this blessing, that I feel are too sacred to share, but I will say that every word of it came true. I know without any doubt that it was through divine protection that my twins were born healthy.

At the end of this same pregnancy, after being on bed rest for so long, and the pain of my stomach being stretched beyond capacity, I asked my husband for a blessing. In this blessing, he told me that the children would be born, and he gave a date that they would be born on, and that is the day that they were.

Another time, I had a dog that was going blind, and I really loved this dog. I did not want to see her go blind, and I asked my husband to give her a blessing, which he did. He commanded her eyes to be healed, and by the next day the cloudiness in them was gone and her eyes were bright and clear.

I have no doubt about the power of the Holy Priesthood of God. I have been given many blessings throughout my life, and I am incredibly thankful for this gift that Heavenly Father has given us.




CharityAngel.com Charity Angel's Thoughts








No comments: