Saturday, June 27, 2009

A Moment of Reflection

With the news of my making it through the first qualifying round for the Deseret Book 'Mormon Night" competition, it has brought back memories of one of my performances in Branson Missouri at the Tri-Lakes Center.

Many of you will remember that night too because you were there. I sang the National Anthem then as well. I shared the stage that night with Congressman Ron Paul, State Representative Jim Guest, and Candidate Jeremy Cady. It is definitely a night I will not forget. Jeremy's speech was very moving, and the energy there contagious.



What I also remember is my friend Stephanie helping me get ready and making sure that every little detail was taken care of. Her husband Michael filmed the event for me, and did a very good job considering the size of the crowd.

That night, prior to performing, I also introduced Sarah Steelman, who was running for Missouri State Governor at the time, to many in the crowd that I had met over the months previously at several events. It was a time in my life that so much was happening in my life that I never had imagined ever being part of. I am so glad that I was.

I wish I still had that video to share with you all, especially Jeremy's speech, but it was lost when my youtube account was deleted. I have a new one now, but I hope that I can find someone else that has them.

Here's to remembering great times, with great friends.


No comments: