Saturday, June 20, 2009

Father's Day Fruit Salad

According to Wikipedia, Father's Day is a day honoring fathers, celebrated on the third Sunday of June in 52 of the world's countries and on other days elsewhere.

If you are curious, you can see the other countries that are celebrating Father's Day on the third Sunday in June HERE.

Generally on Father's Day I have focused on my own father, but this blog is going to focus on the father of my children, Aaron. It is not often that Aaron gets mentioned, so I thought that this would be a great time to do it since it would be unusual and unexpected for him to be the feature in my blog.

The other night, Aaron made three wonderful and beautiful fruit salads. The salads had tender juicy fruit and one of them even had a chocolate caramel fruit dip in the middle. The edible fruit arrangement was so beautiful, that I HAD to take pictures of it. I took these fruit pictures and made a little video to display his food art skills.



These fruit salads contain blue berries, strawberries, kiwi fruit, black berries, rose hips, grapes, nectarine, and cantaloupe. The rose hips were peeled and then the seeds removed from the center. They added just that extra touch to the taste buds.

There was a great Father's Day video that I found today that I also wanted to share. There are so many things that makes a father special to his children, and this story just touches my heart.



Take some time to let your father know that you really appreciate him. Write him a Father's Day poem, or find some great ones that others have already written. Many times dad's get overlooked, and they really are essential in the lives of their children, and their wife.

No comments: