Friday, November 27, 2009

Oh America, I Can Hear You Calling Me

I found this song on Thanksgiving day while working on my Principles of Liberty articles.  If you click on the title of this post, you will hear the full explanation of this song, which did not allow embedding, so if you like that sort of info, you can get it there.

This song really spoke to me, but from a perspective of politics, religion and spirituality.  I am going to type of the words with a few minor changes to how the words are spelled.  And I will add some additional insight into what speaks to me in this work.




Oh America you're calling. I can hear you calling me. You are calling me to be true to Thee, true to Thee I will be.




Oh America your weeping. Let me heal your wounded heart. I will keep you in my keeping til there be a new start.




And I will answer you, and I will take your hand and lead you to the Son. And I will stand by you, do all that I can do, and we will be as one.




Oh America I hear you. From your prairies to the sea. From your mountains grand and all through this land you are beautiful to me.




Oh America you call me. I can hear you calling me. You are calling me to be true to Thee, true to Thee I will be.




And I will answer you, and I will take your hand, and lead you to the Son. And I will stand by you, do all that I can do and we will be as one.




Oh America you call me.




I will answer thee.

No comments: