Tuesday, December 23, 2014

My 50 LB Weight Loss

Weight loss, used to be a dirty word. I hated hearing it, and I hated feeling like I was never going to be able to make any progress in my life and with my health.

Every year, I would say I am going to lose weight. I often joined a gym and worked out for several months. I hired a personal trainer one year, and after 6 months of working out 6 days a week for an hour and a half each day, I had not lost any weight. I was really feeling depressed about it.

I was dating my husband at that time, and he told me that the weight was not going to come off until I dealt with the emotions that were the cause of my weight gain. I thought he was a little crazy, but over the last couple years, I have discovered that he was right! As I have dealt with the emotional cause for my weight, the weight has come off and easily. In fact, I have not started exercising yet, but I defnitely plan to.

In 2014 I have released a total of 50 LBS!!! And I am very happy with those results and myself! And this next year, I am certain that I will reach my weight loss goal! 

(Me wearing the same tank top I wore in my first picture)

I have really enjoyed the fact that I have taken the time to take some pictures a long the way so that my progress is evident. :) Here you can see for yourself just the difference in my face, and yes, I enjoyed changing my hair color too!!!



My weight loss has been a journey, and I am still on it. I still have about 35lbs to release in order to be at my ideal weight, but I know that I can do it! And since I have been on this journey, I have become passionate about helping others on theirs as well. I have a Facebook group called Charity Angel's Weight Loss Journey where I tell others what I have done, and help them take steps forward in their own journey.

 I did one 30 day detox. I also made dietary changes. I stopped eating processed foods, and artificial sugars. By that I mean, the only sugar I ate was natural. I would eat honey, molasses, maple syrup, coconut sugar and other natural sugars, but gave up granulated white sugar and I never ate artficial sweeteners in the first place. 
I still drink a green smoothie everyday. You can use 100% fresh fruits and vegetables, which is what I usually do. I eat more fruits and vegetables and grains than I do anything else, however, I do still eat meat when I want it, and I also eat some dairy when I feel like it. But, that is not very often. After making such a dietary change, your taste buds change. We grow new taste buds every 7 days! 
Here is a picture that was taken on my birthday in November. I wanted to make sure to include a full body shot too, so that you can see the progress that I continue to make.


Contact me to become the best you that you can be! Get healthier and you will be happier! 

No comments: